The Academic Council of the State University of Telecommunications
The main provisions
Academic Council - a body of peer review critical issues of the University and implement state education policy of Ukraine in accordance with the Charter of the University.
Structure and organization of work
- Academic Council Chairman of the Board represents (Rector) or (on his behalf), the pro-rector on scientific and pedagogical work, who was appointed by order of the acting rector.
- Duties of the Secretary of the Academic Council takes Scientific Secretary of the University, in his career, he is guided by an official instruction Scientific Secretary of the University and reports directly to the President of the University (Rector ).
- Meeting of the Academic Council held under agenda approved by Chairman of the Board, Secretary of the Academic Council form the agenda and bring it to the attention of each member of the Board not later than 7 days before the next meeting .
- The decision of the Academic Council taken by open vote , except as required by law , when the conduct of voting by ballot (secret ballot).
- The decision of the Academic Council shall enter into force the decision of the Academic Council of the University, decrees and orders of the Rector of the University.
- Decision (decree) of the Academic Council of the Academic Council Secretary communicated to the executive in writing.
- Meeting of the Academic Council are logged. Minutes shall be signed by the chairman and secretary of the Academic Council.
The Academic Council of the University:
- Submits to the highest collective body of public authorities draft Charter and collective agreements and amendments to it.
- Chancellor of the University shall submit proposals regarding the appointment and dismissal of the Director of the Library, and the appointment and dismissal of vice-chancellors (deputy head), directors of institutes and colleges and the chief accountant.
- Elected by secret ballot to head the departments and professors.
- Investigates reports of Professors and Heads of Departments in connection with the expiration of the term of office.
- Hear reports from the dean of the faculty in connection with the expiration of the term of office.
- Elected by secret ballot candidates for the academic rank of associate professor and professor.
- Consider the perspectives of the University, including the strategy of innovative development of the University , the University Program staffing and more.
- Consider the state and trends of teaching, educational, research and scientific research and international relations at the University.
- Consider training of the teaching staff , postgraduate and doctoral work.
- Reviews and approves the theme of thesis for the degree of Doctor of Science.
- Examines the preparation and publication of monographs, textbooks, teaching aids and other scientific and educational literature.
- Consider nominating university employees for state prizes, awards and distinctions.
- Recommends candidates for the best undergraduate and graduate students to receive scholarships.
- Shall decide on the organization of the educational process.
- Holds the establishment or liquidation of structural units (faculties, departments, institutes, etc.).
- Consider reports on the situation in the university department, including separate structural units.
- Considering a draft curriculum, establishes a list of approved programs and courses.
- Reviews and approves annual plans training educators.
- Consider the quality of training of university graduates and its further improvement.
- Consider state forming quantitative and qualitative composition students.
- Consider cooperation with the student government.
- Consider and approve estimates of revenue and expenditure of the University.
- Consider and approve the report on the results of financial and economic activity.
- Consider the state of the material and technical basis, the efficiency of its use and development prospects.
- Consider the condition and prospects of development of the social infrastructure of the University.
Questions activities of the Academic Council of the University, including treatment set forth in the Regulations of the Academic Council of the University.