The staff of the Department of radio technologies, along with fruitful and successful educational - methodological works, conducts active research work, the results of which are published in an industry-wide scientific-industrial magazine "Communication” scientific journal «Bulletin of State University of information - communication technologies» and
«Modern information protection», collections of scientific papers of the National aviation University" information Protection " etc.
Main directions of research in the direction 050901 “Radio engineering”:
Department conducts the following search initiative scientific - research works, which have the state registration number of the Institute:
1. The system of wireless broadband services on the basis of domestic developments.
2. Study of radio channels in the lower part of the terahertz range at the speed of 1 Gbit/S.
3. Wireless data transmission system in the microwave range.
4. Statistical estimation of electromagnetic compatibility of networks of new generation of wireless communications.
The Department plans laying commercial research works with the global information infrastructure "The Ukrainian state centre of radio frequencies" on the following topics:
1. Research of possibility of introduction of technological neutrality in the frequency bands 2.3 to 2.4 GHz 2.5 To 2.7 GHz and the 3.4-3.6 GHz.
2. Studies of the licensing requirements for the coverage of voice and data transmission to mobile operators.