The Department maintains scientific ties with the faculty of information technologies, Cybernetics, and mechanics and mathematics faculty of . Taras Shevchenko Kyiv national University, V. M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of NAS of Ukraine, Institute of mathematics of NAS of Ukraine, Institute of mechanics, fluid mechanics, electrical engineering, Ukrainian research Institute of communications, National University of construction and architecture, State scientific research Institute for Informatization and modeling economy, with related departments of universities: National technical University "KPI", economic, trade, aviation. In addition, the Department has agreements with the following scientific organizations:
• V. M. Glushkov institute of Cybernetics of NAS of Ukraine;
• Ya. S. Pidstrygach institute of applied problems of mechanics and mathematics of NAS of Ukraine.
The Department performs scientific work in the following areas:
• the study of current non-classical boundary value problems of mathematical physics;
• the discrete game problems with fuzzy sets for dynamic systems, operating in conditions of conflict and uncertainty;
• the stochastic equations in financial mathematics;
• the mixed problems of mathematical physics using generalized analytic functions and control problems for systems with distributed parameters;
• the use of applied problems in the theory of random graphs in telecommunication systems;
• the theory of functional stability of information systems.
Active work on preparation of scientific and pedagogical staff is conducted at the Department. Currently, the Department has trained one PhD student, six graduate students and one applicant, namely:
• Onishchenko Viktoriya Valerivna – doctoral student from 01 October 2014 till 31 September 2017. Theme of the dissertation is "Methodology of management of the telecommunication systems with complex fractional and discrete-continuous dynamics" 12.05.02 in the specialty "Telecommunication systems and networks";
• Zocenko Viktor Sergiyovych – post-graduate student from 01 November 2014 till 31 October 2017. Theme of the dissertation "Methods of ensuring K-connectivity of graph models of telecommunication networks based on the optimization of their structures", specialty 05.13.06 "Information technologies";
• Kulikovska Julia Anatoliivna – graduate student of correspondence courses from 01 December 2013 till 30 November 2017. Theme of the dissertation is "Methods of optimization of telecommunication systems to ensure their functional stability" by specialty 01.05.02 "Mathematical modeling and computational methods";
• Musta Sergij Sergiyovych – postgraduate student from 01 October 2015 till 30 September 2018. Theme of the dissertation is "Information technology to ensure the functional stability self-organized information networks on the basis of structural degradation and restoration", specialty 05.13.06 "Information technologies";
• Ivanu Oleg Viktorovych – post-graduate student from 01 October 2015 till 30 September 2018. Theme of the dissertation is "Information technology full-text query to search information in the databases based on fuzzy wording" specialty 05.13.06 "Information technologies";
• Kliukowskyi Dmytro Valentynovych – postgraduate student from 01 October 2015 till 30 September 2018. Theme of the dissertation is "Models and methods in dynamic construction of database queries with appropriate logical and statistical methods", specialty 05.13.06 "Information technologies";
• Duan Xiao Peng – PhD student from 01 October 2015 till 30 September 2018. Theme of the dissertation is "Mathematical models of providing the functional stability self-organized telecommunication networks LTE based on the theory of random graphs", specialty 05.13.06 "Information technologies";
• Shevchenko Galyna Volodymyrivna, the competitor of a scientific degree of candidate of technical Sciences. Theme of the dissertation is "Information technology of support of decision-making supervisor to enter the market of telecommunication services based on the modeling of targeting", specialty 05.13.06 "Information technology".
Over the past 10 years at the Department have defended their candidate theses 5 scientific-pedagogical staff of the Department in 2003 - Onishchenko V.V, in 2004 – Zhelnov O. D., in 2009 – Maisak T. V., in 2012 – Skubak O. M., in 2013 – Shevchenko S. M., in 2015 – Zhebka V.V.
The Department has three research works
• "Methods of ensuring the functional stability of distributed information-telecommunication systems" (State registration number 0114U000402, code "RIS", SUT, Kiev, 2013-2015);
• "Optimizing the allocation of the advertising budget of a Telecom company among various Internet platforms and media tools to maximize coverage of the target audience based targeting" (State registration number 0115U004572, code "RRB", SUT, Kyiv, 2015-2017);
• "Development of a method for constructing an optimal system of information transmission of info-communication network" (State registration number 0115U004571, code "OSPI", SUT, Kyiv, 2015-2017).
The Department takes active participation in international activities, is a member of a consortium of leading universities in Europe with the implementation of the TEMPUS project "ENGENSEC" "the Master's program a new generation of specialists for cyber security," the term of the work is from 2013 till 2016. And the associate Professor of the Department Lukova-Chuiko N. V. is the SUT coordinator in this project.
Teachers of the Department regularly publish their scientific articles; participate in scientific conferences and seminars. In particular, over the past year the Department staff published 52 scientific articles in professional journals and participated in 85 conferences.
The Department faculty paid special attention to attract students of first and second courses to research work, to participate in student scientific conferences, competitions.
Every two years the Department organizes and conducts Student Conference "Applications of Mathematics in Communications", the winners are awarded with diplomas of the rector. In 2006, the staff of the department awarded by the Rector for engaging students in research.
GENERAL UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONFERENCE
APPLICATION OF MATHEMATICS IN COMMUNICATIONS
Kyiv, SUICT, 2004
II GENERAL UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONFERENCE
APPLICATION OF MATHEMATICS IN COMMUNICATIONS-2006
Kyiv, SUICT, 2006
III GENERAL UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONFERENCE
APPLICATION OF MATHEMATICS IN COMMUNICATIONS-2008
Kyiv, SUICT, 2008
IV GENERAL UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONFERENCE
APPLICATION OF MATHEMATICS IN COMMUNICATIONS-2010
Kyiv, SUICT, 2010
V GENERAL UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONFERENCE
APPLICATION OF MATHEMATICS IN COMMUNICATIONS
Kyiv, SUICT, 2012
VI GENERAL UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONFERENCE
APPLIED MATHEMATICS AT INFOCOMMUNICATIONS