Creation of the department was due to the rapid development in recent years satellite telecommunications systems and networks. One of the future directions of their improvement is a shift from the use of satellites placed in geostationary and highly elliptical orbits to effective and malovartisnyh LEO satellite telecommunication systems.
In order to prepare highly qualified specialists concluded cooperation agreements with:
- State Space Agency of Ukraine - the central executive body, whose activities are directed and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and which provides forming and implementing State policy in the sphere of space activity.
- JSC "Datagroup" - one of the market leaders in telecommunications and has its own fiber optic network in all regions of Ukraine with total length of over 21,000 km, the newest satellite communications network based on satellite KA-SAT. "Datagroup" is the leader in the segment of VSAT satellite communication in Ukraine (85% market share) and CIS and is the provider of «Eutelsat».
Collaboration allows us to create educational material base with modern equipment, prepare scientific-pedagogical staff work with modern equipment and accordingly change the content of education meeting the requirements of employers.
The results of the collaboration are:
- participation of specialists of the department in round tables to discuss the draft Law of Ukraine "On State Regulation in the field of satellite navigation";
- participating companies to improve educational and material resources, educational equipment transferred and set up antenna field on campus;
- practical training of students receiving certificates of achieved levels from "Datagroup";
- training for teachers and students to obtain certificates from the current level of «Eutelsat»;
- Conducting informative and educational trips for enterprise partners;
- Training representatives of the State University of Telecommunications to obtain actual knowledge and skills.